My upper right ribcage hurts during hard exercise. Could you help me with this ?

hey i m a very successful highschool runner and i had the flu this year during my season so i missed a few meets but after i got over the flu i ran my first race back and i was feeling really good until i started breathing hard and then my upper right side like in the middle of my chest right under my ribcage really started hurting so i went to the doctor and they said it was probably inflammation of my pluera and gave me some meloxicam and i was feeling good for about a week then i was racing again and once i started breathing really hard about 2 miles into the race my right side started hurting bad again. its been about 3 months now and i can go on a 10 mile run and i feel fine but if i start running really hard and breathing hard then it starts hurting again and it slows my 3 mile time down by about 60 seconds. so if you could help i would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jan 2010