My total cholesterol is 249, Triglycerides is 104 mg/dl, HDL 90, Do I need to be concerned ?

My total cholesterol is 249, triglycerides is 104 mg/dl, HDL 90, LDL 134, VLDL21. Do I need to be concerned ? I am 100lbs, 5 feet tall and 53 years old. Don t exercise and have reseanably decent food habits. Never smoked, don t drink. My confusion arises from the conflict between (a) the bad high LDL score and (b( the really good HDL score, the really good total to HDL ratio, the really good LDL to HDL ratio. A related question I have is whether I can deduct say, 40 points, off the total cholesterol score on the basis that if I have normal rather than extra good HDL scores it would be about 40 points less. That would leave my total score closer to 200. Doctor left message along with scores saying everything is fine. Always had low blood pressure, no diabetes, family history of anything, any other risk factors, 67 heart rate. Does eat oatmeal now and then but usually omit breakfast. I do eat double digit helpings of fruit and vege very very often. Have good knowledge about cholesterol and have researched internet extensively. Could not find anything specific answering my question.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009