My tooth gums are peeling off and become reddish and i have white patches around inside my mouth. What could be the reason for this?

Hi, I have problems with tooth gums . they are peeling off and become reddish. Even a very low hot spicy foods burns like something. white patches around inside my mouth. Very rarely i am taking alcohol. I had quit smoking from 2006 onwards. (started smoking from 99). i have consulted my doctors they give oinments to solve the burning problem kenacort . so please advice me what should i do to completed overcome this problem.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011