My tongue is having small red spots and is paining. Edges around the tongue has turned white

My tongue started hurting a few days ago which I thought was because I started drinking some really hot chocolate so I could have just burned myself. However the pain is still there, it is on my right side of my tongue, there is a small red spot that looks like if its a little piece of skin I can pull on. Its uncomfortable to eat and at times it seems I have a bad taste in my mouth. Also yesterday it seemed that the tip of my tongue also began to hurt and it looks like it has a bunch of little cuts. Also maybe I didnt notice before but my tongue seems to look as if my teeth had been bitting on the side or something because its not it doesnt have its usual round edges and it looks a little white around those edges unless I rinse it. What can this be, I ve been looking everywhere and cant really find a clear answer
Asked On : Sun, 20 Feb 2011