My throat hurts because of excess smoking . What are the chances to get throat cancer ?

I m 26 year old male I used to smoke now and then But i smoked a lote when did go out One of the main reason that i stopped smoking is *That The left side of my throat started to hurt getting sore *and when do feel my throat my left sIde is bit more swollen up Then my right side of my throat * and when someone does smokes around me My left side of my throat starts to hurt agian Please tell me what i should do to get Rid of this + i m scared that it could be throat cancer
Asked On : Fri, 5 Aug 2011