My teeth have literally started rotting and taking some antibiotics since 5 days during pregnancy

I am A 29 yr old diabetic (just diagnosed in last year) and im now 16 weeks pregnant . Over the past 8 months or so my teeth have literally started rotting. I have been to the dentist the times in the past 8 moths and everytime the say I need extractions or root canals but I have no insurance and can t afford either. Now things r much worse...i have had swollen gums for about a week above one of my teeth towards the front that is decaying. The dentist gave me some antibiotics that I have been taking for 5 days now and the swelling hasn t gone down its only gotten worse. Should I make the trip to the er or will I be wasting my time and just wait till the dentist opens in two days.. I m in so much pain but since I m pregnant I don t think they can even help with that..
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011