My stool is to hard and painful, what could be the reason for this?

My stool is to hard and painful, any ideas why and any advice what to take? Okay so i have been having stool problems since last year after my stomach virus was over I have had my stool hard and sometimes it would bleed bit it has never come to this I am so backed up in my colon that i want to poop but i cannot because my stool is hard and it bleeds i have been trying to push out the same stool since yesterday or even before Now my stool is forcing to come out but it can not i tried sitting in the bathroom for 30 min but nothing Is there any thing that will help soften my stool that wants to come out now and the rest of the stool And also any way of my stool being regular again
Asked On : Tue, 8 Feb 2011