My stool is soft, but i still have the pellets. What could be cause/s of these issues ?

I am 26y/o female w/ pellet-like stool for about 1 year. I went to GI MD and gave stool samples which came back negative. He also did a blood test for a stomach disorder which was also negative. He diagnosed me with IBS and told me to take Methamusel. The Methamusel helped with softening the stool and reducing the pellets . I weened myself off of it for about 4 months now. My stool is soft, but i still have the pellets. Prior to presenting to GI I took acidophilus w/o any relieve. Also associated with this symptom is an odor that is always present regardless if I have to use the bathroom or not. I make sure to pass all he contents when I do go. The stool is sometimes pencil thin and about 4-inches in length. They also sink in water. What could be cause/s of these issues?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011