My son was hospitalized with mastoiditis in his left ear, please suggest

My son was recently hospitalized with mastoiditis in his left ear....The history behind this is long...he is only four and has had issues for 3 years now....He has had 5 surgeries which have had no success but for maybe 2 weeks....he was colonized with MRSA for 2 1/2 of these years with recurrent infections of the ears that only resolved for 2 weeks at a time....we did numerous treatments.....Zyvox and then VANCO IV  he now has a central line for antibiotics for a new bacteria infection of Psuedomonas which caused the happened very quickly....He was playing ball on Saturday afternoon and then hospitalized with a bulging ear the next day at noo.....I am so paranoid that this is going to come back..he has been off of antibioitics now for 10 days and is now complaining of more ear pain.....I am so frustrated that nothing can be done to fix this....if anyone has heard of this or has any advice I would love it....

Asked On : Thu, 20 May 2010