My son is suffering from cough since past 1 month

My son, who is 2yrs old is now suffering from cough from the past 1 month. I have tried giving benydryl, peritixyl and other also tried honey and ginger juice. But there has no improvement in his problem. He is also not eating well since then. Can some one suggest how to make him feel better???
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Kindly consult your doctor
Normally he shd be treated with antibiotics like Azithromycin/Cefixime etc along with Expectorants and Nebulizer and if no relief X-Ray Chest should be seen
Hi.. Do not take risk in young child.. The symptoms may be just due to allergy., but why do you want to take risk in a young child especially an old. They are more prone to complications if there is a source of infection that is causing the cough. So i suggest you to get an examination done by a pediatrician and follow the advise given by them.
  Anonymous's Response

I think that it is an infection and should be treated with appropriate antibiotics on prescription by your pediatrician. That should solve the issue.