My son is having white spots on his legs,knee & back. is some other line of treatment that we can undergo ?

Son aged 8 years is having white spots on his legs, knee, back my son aged 8 years is having white spots on his legs,knee,back, I have consulted skin specialists, they have diagnosed this disease as vitiligo. They have prescribed flutivate ointment & Tacrolimus ointment.But the effect is a bit slow.Pl. let me know how much time it takes for these spots to vanish or there is some other line of treatment that we can undergo.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jan 2011