My son has had tubes in ear, Should I be concerned ?

My son has had tubes in his ear for a year now. Noticed some drainage coming out yesterday and today and now there is blood . Should i be concerned ?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Feb 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Beckygreenwalt

since your son has tube in ear there is high chance of ear getting infection. keep ear dry and dont put anything inside consult ent surgeon and let him evaluate take treatment accordingly.
General & Family Physician Dr. Joey's  Response
Hi there,

There might be some new infection which might need antibiotics to treat. Since it's your son and since there is always the danger of a permanent hearing loss, I would advise you to return to the ENT to have it evaluated.