My son has got a hickie on his arm

my 3 year old got a hickie on his arm from his 9 yrs old brother My 3 year old son got a hickie on his arm from his 9 year old brother Step brother (his the son of my husb and has been living with me for the past 5 years) The problem is that the brother lies over and over shoud I worry about this? How should it be handle? is is normal for a 9 year old to experiment with hickies.....AM i overreacting. Am just upset because the 9year old lies all the times am afraid of what else he might lie about...
Asked On : Fri, 23 Apr 2010
Hello and welcome to health care magic,please take consutation with a dermatologist,as if the disease is then it is to be worried but if it is not then nothing is to be worried ,have a fungal scraping, tu rule out fungal etiology,take
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
The 9 year old is missing his mother and naturally is not receiving the kind of love and affection that is being showered on the 3 year old. It is quite common for kids to react in a unsociable way just to went their anger and frustration. Kids are extremely sensitive the way you talk with them and they grasp the body language much faster than adults.
Ideal would be to treat that child as your own and let your younger son treat him as his elder brother. Completely erase it from your mind that he is your step son and every thing should be just fine and in the best interest of everyone in the family.
Wish you and your family all the best.

do not worry kids are kids this is not adnormal

Anonymous's Response

Please. Do not leave them alone together. Even if nothing more happened it needs to be treated like a drug. They won't do them in front of you. The nine year old my try a little something more next time. Be present. Don't announce a visit that your coming around the corner. The 9 year old may not know what he is doing but just curious. None the less, if the 3 year old never remembers anything, the 9 year old will harbor a lot of guilt. It happened in my family and now 10 years later he feels awful. The 5 year old at the time remembers everything and even though she 'understands' his guilt, it's still not comfortable for either of them. We adults didn't know anything until it went too far and the 5 year old actually approached us about it knowing how wrong it was after he threatened to tell the devil on her if she said anything. It could be curiosity or in our case just cruelty. Hope this helps.

Anonymous's Response

shit on his touge