My son feet have turned orange, Is this connected/harmless ?

My son is 15 an had been eating large amount of oranges (10-12 a day) for a few months now, and I noticed the soles of his feet have turned orange about 2 weeks ago.. Is this connected/harmless? Should I have him checked by a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
He also has itchy hands (which always happens in the winter) so we keep it moisturized now. His feet are not itchy, just orange.
Do you mean itchiness and redness on the feet is what I have to worry about, or also other parts of the body?
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for nice query.     
Change of color is not related to orange ,there are so many people who consume oranges & its juice in plenty. Oranges contain plenty of water soluble vitamin C.Again orange don`t produce itching until some infected piece piece is consumed .So consultation with doctor is advisable.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”