My sister has been hiding the fact that she has cancer

My sister has been hiding the fact that she has cancer has anyone experienced anything like this?

My sis has been loosing alot of weight over the last 6 months, she seems like bone and skin.  I was worried about her frail condtion but asking her she got very defensive.  I asked her at a recent viisit if it was cancer and she nodded yes.  She will not talk to me about it, wont tell me what kind, or how bad.  i found eveindece in her apartment of some kind of surgery.  She denied it.  I feel helpless to help her.  What do you do when a loved one is hiding cancer from you.

Asked On : Sun, 7 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Counselling plays important role in provoking the silence . As per your details, she is depressed much. so she need to have the good physical and mental support as well.GIve example of others and give her big support so that she can provoke her feelings and talk freely. Also you can take her to any counsellers ... tooo
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. She needs plenty of support from the family and friends..  According to me. she needs to open up and break the news...  It is better that she gets the support of the family then handling things by herself.. So talk to her,  express your care and love and the follow with her treating doctors..