My right tonsil is slightly larger than the left. Can it be tonsillar cancer ?

My right tonsil is slightly larger than the left (I don t know if it s been that way for a long time or not), I have very mild flashes of ear pain, and the back of my tongue feels like it has hairs stuck on it (and as if the taste buds are enlarged). Also, once in awhile I it feels like something gritty is caught in my right tonsil. I used to smoke and I used to drink much more, and I m concerned about tonsillar cancer . My ENT appointment is still a few weeks away. Thanks, Laura
Asked On : Thu, 20 Jan 2011