My question is how come my TSH levels increased so fast even though i was taking the pill regularly?

I underwent total thyroidectomy in 2007 .since then am taking eltroxine 125um...and never faced any problem..... Now that am pregnant 14 LMP is 9th Jan 2010....My gynaecologist had asked to do thyroid profile on on 11/02/2010 as soon as my pregnancy was detected and reports were as follows:- T3 = 3.48 (N- 1.4-4.2) T4 = 1.06 ( N - 0.8 -2.5) TSH = 2.23 (N- 0.4-5.75) She had asked me to continue on same dose (eltroxine - 125um) as my TSH was within normal range... For next 3 months i never checked my thyroid profile. Now that am 14 weeks pregnant she asked me to repeat TSH on 15/4/ reports were as follows-TSH - 13.24 (N-0.4-5.75). Now this got me worried and am not sure of what to do.... . My question is how come my TSH levels increased so fast even though i was taking the pill regularly? Will it affect my fetus mental development or growth as my first trimester is allready over.? Did my gynaecologist do a mistake in not increasing my dose as soon as my pregnancy test came positive on 10/02/2010.? How often i should repeat my TSH?
Asked On : Sun, 18 Apr 2010