My pregnancy tests are -ve but am having irregular periods. Is it because of contraceptives ?

i am 29 years old ,i have irregular period cycle my doctor prescribe prumulot tablets for me - however it regular my period for one month with the birth control .In July i did not see my period i then took a pregnancy test it was negative .When back to the doctor he give me oral contraceptives to used started using it on the 8th of August to help regular my period my question is -is it safe to use now with seeing my period and when will i start seeing my period also -i started using it without any sign of my period .
Asked On : Fri, 12 Aug 2011