My piercing is swollen and it bleeds. Do i need to worry ?

i got my ear pierced 6 months ago maybe more i think and i noticed that for awhile now the ear i got pierced became swollen. thing is that its seems as though it has stayed swollen for quite some time. in the entire time i have had the piercing the size has been much larger than my other ear, the size of my left ear is much bigger than my right and it seems that if i so much as touch the piercing it will start hurting and start to bleed a little. is this bad or just a temporary thing?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Hi,thanks for query.Swelling persisting for six months after piercing is not normal.First you try remove the ear ring,this will solve half of the problem.Apply some anti biotic cream over that area and take analgesic for this.In most the cases this helps.In case the things does not improve than please see your doctor.bye.