My periods have always been irregular & have a vitamin D deficiency. Could this be a reason why I am not ovulating ?

Hi, I went to see my doctor for a pre-conception check up and after an ultrasound , she said that I was not ovulating. My periods have always been irregular (varying from 30 to 38 day cycles). I was told to do some blood tests ( progesterone , total testosterone, DHEA-S, LH, Thyroid, Vitamin D, Calcium and Insulin). When I got the results it showed that I have a vitamin D deficiency (14.4 ng/ml) and a fasting insulin result of 0.5 uU/ml (normal range is 3-19). I m concerned about the insulin level. Can anyone tell me what this means ? Could this be a reason why I am not ovulating ? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011