My period is late by about a week

I am a 20 year old girl and a virgin, but my period is late by about a week. I recently started seeing someone, and though we have not had sex, we have mutually masturbated (always ladies first) several times. Whenever we do, his hands are always clean and I will always thoroughly wash my hands. Last week, he touched me after I had touched him--but this was after he had showered, washed his hands with soap and water, and after a period of about 20 minutes. My period is about a week late. I have been on break from school since before Christmas, and during that period, my sleep habits, stress levels, and diet has changed. I am also not living with my roommate, who is on birth control for hormones and whose hormone levels probably have had some effect on me. I know that this question sounds ignorant. I'm just a little panicked. I cannot think of any way in which I could have gotten pregnant. But, my period is also MIA. Answers?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The cause for late peroids could be due to the minor alterations in your lifestyle recently or secondary to an infection (as you are with a physical relation ship with one)..  Most of the time they resolve after a few days.. If you are very apprenhensive of pregnancy (which is very unlikely), you could get a home pregnancy test done.. That would be the best and cheap way to get over the apprehension.. But if these the problems persists, you would benefit by a physical consultation from  your doctor...