My niece is not eating at all. She just lost her parents

My neice wont eat, she is 14 and just lost her parents. What can I do? I don t know how to get her to eat. She says she can t. Can t swallow it, isn t hungry, can t face it. She ate cereal yesterday morning, and had a toasted sandwhich the day before, but that s all she has eaten in the last 3 days. I m really worried, but not sure how to go about making her eat?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Since she has just lost her parents she is in a post traumatic phase. Please give her sometime to get back to normal, if this continues into acute depression she might need some support with medicines. Meet a psychiatrist or a counselor

Have a healthy living