My neck is black and dirty. How to clean my neck ?

hi, my neck is very black and dirty. but my face is not. so can anyone tell me that how to clean my neck. plaese
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011
Dear
This can be outcome of fungal infection. Amongst herbs neem is considered to be good anti fungal. Add decoction of neem leaves to your bathing water and have bath with it.Amongst medicines a herbal tab. Allerin acts good in such cases.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
OBGYN Dr. Reji. D's  Response
hi,welcome to healthcaremagic forum
fungal infection in that area may cause such problems,so consult a good dermatologist he can solve your problem.if you are overweight reduce your wt bcoz overweight &pregnancy are two common reason for this hyperpigmentation
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

The condition what you have is called ACANTHOSIS NIGRICANS(AN) ,in which one has thick and black skin over neck . Knuckles of fingers might also be involved in certain cases.This might be associated with over weight or can be familial.
This is not fungal infection (in which one would give history of itching).
AN is resistant to treatment and there are very few options .The first being reduction of weight. One should start with tretinoin cream locally at night over the area ,and a sunscreen in the morning. Also creams like hydroquinone can help a bit. If this doesn't work then the latest is use of one anti diabetic tablets .For all this you need to consult a good dermatologist .

regards,
Dr.chawda

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.