My mum has had a radical hysterectomy and colostomy for clear cell carcinoma of the ovaries. What is her life expectancy ?

My mum has just had a radical hysterectomy and colostomy for clear cell carcinoma of the ovaries which spread to the uterus and outer lining of the bowel it was graded stage 3. She now has a pelvic infection so chemo has been delayed for 4 weeks she had surgery 4 weeks ago. I know this is an aggressive cancer and chemo resistant, so why do the doctors still want to give it. will it put her in remission or just prolong the inevitable. what is her expected life expectancy. she had bowel cancer 15 yrs ago and recovered from surgery and radiotherapy. very worried daughter, thanks
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011