My mouth not open properly because my tobacco habit

my mouth not open properly because my tobacco habit. what i do? my mouth not open properly because my tobacco habit. what i do?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Jan 2011
Dentist 's  Response
Your condition could be oral submucous fibrosis. The treatment includes intralesional injection of steroids, excision of fibrous bands and exercises for TMJ. Above all the habit of tobacco chewing should be stopped at the earliest. consult an oral surgeon.
Dentist Dr. Varun Mishra's  Response
welcome to health care magic,
your answer lies in your question itself. condition is ORAL SUBMUCOUS FIBROSIS. cheek muscles have been stiff due to fibrosis. remedy is ---
1.stop the habit immediately
2.start isometric exercise,ie, try to open mouth wide,
3.consult the dentist for antioxidant therapy,
4.surgical procedure to remove fibrous bands in late cases.
thank you.

Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, you seem to be suffering from Oral submucus fibrosis. It is an irreversible condition wherein the fibrous bands of the cheeks become thick and the mouth opening reduces considerably. Please stop the tobacco chewing and spicy food. Local injection of placental extract 2ml every week for 10 weeks may improve your symptoms.Lycopene (10%) 2000mcg is usually prescribed orally. Methylcobalmin injection (1500mcg) given intramuscularly every week. Jaw dilators exercises to be taken every day. Advanced cases of trismus or lock jaw are treated by jaw dilation under general anesthesia with incision of fibrous bands. please consult an oral surgeon to carry out all these treatment modalities.