My mother has tremendous pain in stomach. She has problem with kidney and liver

my mother is admitted to medical college hospital in kolkata. she has problem with kidney and liver .doctors are only examining her and not yet started any medications.she vomits frequently and has tremendous pain in stomach.pls advice as i am very worried abt her. thanx rehan ahmed dubai
Asked On : Thu, 29 Jul 2010
my mother is admitted to medical college hospital in kolkata. she has problem with kidney and liver.doctors are only examining her and not yet started any medications.she vomits frequently and has tremendous pain in stomach.pls advice as i am very worried abt her.

thanx
rehan ahmed
dubai
Cardiac Surgeon Dr. Chander Mohan Mittal's  Response
She may be suffering from the condition called gastric outlet obstruction. She needs to undergo gastroduedonoscopy or UGI endoscopy. alternatively the CECT abdomen with oral contrast can give the diagnosis.

Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Rehan,
By your history it appears that your mother is suffering from uremic enteropathy and gastropathy due to chronic renal disease, before i can suggest anything i need to know the detailed renal disease condition. uremic enteropathy is associated with severe abdominal pain, vomiting , it requires dialysis to get corrected, consult treting nephrologist for further details.