My mother has been diagnosed with TB with chronic anaemia, kindly suggest

My mother whose age is 64 years has been just diagnosed with TB. The reports are all negative. But the doctor says that on basis of the symptoms ( fever mostly in the evening, fluid on right side, pain on movement, frequent urination ) she has to be treated immediately for TB. She has been a patient of chronic anaemia for more than 20 years. Blood transfusion twice. Under Dr. Agarwal's treatment. Other problems - osteoporosis .thyroid disorder.gradual loss of hearing over the years.gastritis n indigestion . Since the reports are all negative and the doc says further blood loss and gastritis is inevitable, we wanted a second opinion. Pl guide on how to go about choosing the doctor among so many. Also on diet and precautions to be taken.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Jul 2010