My mother has a blood clot in her leg while having DVT shots it traveled and burst in her lungs

I need some advice... Let me explain... My mother is a type 1 diabetic (which is under control), a few years ago she had a blood clot develop in her leg, while having DVT shots it traveled and burst in her lungs. She has a heart issue (due to old damage) that needs fixing, if I remember correctly they talked about the Maze Procedure or something that used to have that name. She has been undergoing chemotherapy for a few months and due to that is very weak, she has lost a great deal of weight, she is only 98 pounds currently. A few weeks ago she started getting really bad headaches and is having trouble remembering things (which only lasts for a few moments), she has apparently developed a blood clot in her head. With that said my question (s): 1. How would this clot be removed. 2. With everything I explained would it be safer (if possible) for the clot to be 'maintained' with medication like the Warfrian and or Heprin they had her on for the clot she had before until she is stronger? 3. Lastly, can this blood clot in her head 'leak' without bursting?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Jul 2010