My mother and I are both suffering with our ears, please help us

My mother and i are both suffering with our ears, we have been to the doctors numerous times and they gave us 2 different types of antibiotics , which had no effect. its really painful to even lie on. unlike my mother i have even lost my voice and feel like i might have a slight temperature as i can not seem to cool myself down, even though Ive been drinking plenty of fluids. any suggestions would be very kind her, as we are both in agony.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

it is better to follow the doctor suggestion or else you may lose the ear for ever. it is necessary to understand the disease and the way it is treated. there is no quick fix or single drug to cure the disease of the ear. talk to ear doctor find out what is the disease, how it is cured and what needs to be done. is there any surgery needed or not. strict adherence to the doctors advise is the key for the success here.

Anonymous's Response
THIS PROBLEM CAN BE DEALT WITH EASILY, FIND OUT THE CAUSE FROM YOUR DOCTOR, AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN YOUR EARS,
1.IT CAN EITHER BE A FLUID IN THE MIDDLE EAR.
2. PERFORATION OF A TYMPANIC MEMBRANE
3.SOME KIND OF INFECTION - EITHER BACTERIAL OR FUNGAL THAT IS ALSO EXTENDING TO YOUR THROAT.
TREATMENT - 1.IF ITS A FLUID IN THE MIDDLE EAR IT WILL SUBSIDE WITH ANTIBIOTICS BUT WILL RECUR IF U DON MAINTAIN PROPER HYGIENE.
2. IT ITS A PERFORATION THEN IT HAS TO BE CLOSED BY TAKING A GRAFT - SURGERY
3. IF ITS A INFECTION ANTIBIOTICS IS THE CHOICE.
THE MAIN PROBLEM IS WITH YOUR EARS, DUE TO A COMMON INFECTIOUS AGENT(MOST PROBABLY) DRINKING PLENTY OF FLUIDS MIGHT NOT HELP
THATS IT..