My moms left hand has swollen and left side is tingling,please help her

My mom's lefthand has swollen like a Mikey Mouse hand and her left side is tingling....her face, arm, and leg My mom had a mini stroke 3 months ago. She has very high blood pressure but she is on major meds for that. Her blood pressure is 147/85 . In the last three months my mom has under gone every test that Kaiser knows about to figure out why she is tingling in her her left side of her face, arm, and leg. They finally said they can do nothing more for her and to just come back in six month. Meanwhile, my Mom is constantly tingling in her legs and it sometimes goes into her arms and face. I am VERY worried about my Mom. She is 55 and has a history of hypertension where it reached 210/109 and she has high cholestrol too. I want her to be seen at UCLA but I do not know if Kaiser will pay for a second opinion. Has anyone being dealing with these health issues or have known anyone that have had these similar issues. Any help or direction would be greatly apprieciated. I am sooooo close with My Mom and I am very worried about her. Thank you so much any help you can give me.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009