My mom is suffering from high BP, please suggest

my mom is suffering from high blood pressure 105-142 how can i normal it instantly at home she is also having headache severely help me
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hi Welcome to HCM.

your mom is suffering from high BP.
instantly nothing will happen.follow your doctor advice regularly.
she cant tolerate if BP comes down fast as body got adjusted to that high level BP.
reduce salt and oil intake.
investigate for blood sugar level,lipid profile,renal function tests,regular eye examination etc.
do regular follow up to your doctor,stick to one doctor.

Hope I clarify your querrry.

Have a good health

HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. Rajendra Kumar Panda's  Response
You have not mentioned the weight. correct bp as recorded by the your family physician, You give me these three data I can guide you whether to be managed by lifestyle modification or any medication is really required

Nothing comes instantly
Reduce Salt and Oil in diet
Investigate her blood for Sugar/ Lipid Profile/ Renal Function Test and then we can start her on any Anti HT drug