My mom has high blood pressure and I've Can high blood pressure lead to a stroke?

My mom has high blood pressure and I've heard her say things about having a stroke?
Can high blood pressure lead to a stroke? I'm really worried about her. For the most part, she's been healthy but she's been pretty stressed and her mood hasn't been all that great. The doctors finally diagnosed her as having high blood pressure. I'm guessing it's because of extreme stress. Because of this, I'm worried that something life threatening could happen to her. What are things I should be watching for so I can call 911 if anything happens? What can I do to help her bring her blood pressure down? I don't want my mom to be sick and truthfully, i'm really scared. Also, is it serious enough for me to be on constant watch? Knowing my mom's high blood pressure problem, I feel guilty everytime I leave the house. I feel like I should follow her to work and just skip school and skip my own job to make sure nothing happens. Should I warn her coworkers and get someone to watch her?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009