My lungs hurt really bad

yes hello i drank some water today and it felt like it went down the wrong pipe because it starting to hurt really bad and now the left side of my chest hurts when i inhale i do not know if it went to the lung or heart how can i make this pain go away, and am i going to be ok or should i go see a Doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi, Dennis do not get worried, even if a small drop of water enters trachea there will be cough and water will be thrown out... since you does not have such symptoms this shows water is not entered trachea, it is in esophagus only... if there is breathlessness, severe chest pain, then you can visit doctor, otherwise not necessary...
Hope I have answered your question..