My little brother has nightmares which are very strange

hi i am really worried about my little brother, he is 6 years old and is 7 on march 20th and he has been waking up in the last two weeks really scared, he has done it twice so far, and it is a nightmare he is having. But when he wakes up from it he is all worried about everything, it has just happened then he woke up and wanted to get out of the house and kept pointing at the tree and crying then he started to point at the radiator and cry, but he was scared of his mum and kept saying he didnt want to die and he was scared..why is he doing this ? has he seen something that has scared him ?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Dec 2010

Nightmares in children of your borther's age is not all that common and a frequency of two nightmares in 15 days is nto too severe as well. So for the moment just keep an eye on him.

It may be stress factors like starting a new school, a parent leaving him, facing death for the first time etc etc and if persisting please contact a doctor.

Good to see responsible people looking out for their younger siblings

Good Luck