My lipid profile

My lipid profile is SERUM TRIGLYCERIDES-340 CHOLESTEROL-255. My age is 32.?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Your triglycerides are way too high. The preferred range is less than 150. Total cholesterol should be in the range of 125 to 200. Your 255 cholesterol reading is also too high. If you have a high HDL (high density lipoprotein) level it mitigates, to some extent, a high total cholesterol. These levels are for an otherwise healthy individual. If you have narrowed blood vessels in your heart, atherosclerosis, which reduces blood supply to the heart, the result is coronary heart disease (CHD). If not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches the heart, you may experience chest pain called angina. The desirable cholesterol range in that case would be even lower, as is the case with a diabetic. You are borderline in a doctor's view to receive medication to help lower your colesterol. Right now diet and exercise may be enough. If you are not careful your triglycerides and cholesterol will only get worse as you age and cause a host of other problems.