My lip pigments are fading. Could it be an allergic reaction to lipstick ?

I m a 47 year old black woman and a couple of months ago, I noticed that my lip pigment is fading at the corners of my mouth. My derm gave me Locoid hydrocortisone cream to use for two weeks (just started yesterday) but didnt tell me what the cause might be or if it will continue. Is there anything I can do to get the pigment back and/or stop it from spreading? My top lip is slight darker than my face and the faded area no longer has a lip line and blends into my face.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum
Vitiligo, if there is no other symptoms. An autoimmune illness, may begin as an allergic reaction and later propagates on its own. If you feel some thing in particular caused it (like sm lipstick brand) try to avoid it.
You can take homeopathic medication for this condition, safely.