My left leg hurts and the pain starts at my thigh and goes down to my knee. What could be the reason for this?

My left leg hurts and I have no idea why. I haven t injured it, it just hurts. The pain starts at my thigh and goes down to my knee . My right leg feels fine, though. I heard that in some diabetic cases, one or both legs are usually amputated! Can someone describe the symptoms of diabetes so I ll know what to look out for? I m 19 years old and I m afraid that I might have ignored or overlooked some vital symptoms!
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009