My knee moves out of place and stays out of place until I stop and shake it

Well it started in high school I was in showchoir if you know what that is and golf and also weight lifting. I started to have pain after I played a game of golf one day it did swell up quite a bit we iced it for a week and it seemed to go away but every once and i while the pain would come back when doing one of the 3 activities I said at the beginning. It did have cracking noises a lot while doing activities as well as pain. I also have tremendous pain when going down on my right knee . A year ago I did slip on fall down on a deck and landed on my right knee that made everything worse I could hardly walk inside, my knee kept on giving out on me but i did catch myself. It was swollen and bruised. It hurt for about 2 weeks then the pain faded with time. Now when I walk upstairs or down a hill it feels like it moves out of place and stays out of place until I stop and shake it it make it feel like its in the right place I dont have pain when this happens but its hard to walk. it feels like my shin is almost all the way disconnected from my thigh. I feels like i could twist my shin all the way around so it is backwards. Please help. I do have a brace but it doesnt seem to help.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Oct 2010