My knee click when I squat

why does my knee click when i squat?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Aug 2010
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

first I would like to know whether pain is present or not during clicking.

If pain is present ,then it may be due to meniscal tear or arthritis.

If pain is not present , then nothing to worry about. Fluid present in the knee to lubricate the joint is consisting of oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide.

So, often after periods of inactivity or during certain movements these release bubbles which "pop" and crack and is cause for clicking sound.

Hope I have answered your query.

General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
clicking of knee is seen in meniscal injury to the knee.
i would advise you to consult a surgeon and get a mri of the knee done to rule out ligament and meniscal injury.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care