My husband s suffering from depression, what should I do ?

my husband is laughing and talking to himself. not in his own senses. what should i do? even little nnoise disturbe him
Asked On : Wed, 19 Jan 2011
sir i am suffering from hair fall problem last8months and due to this problem i am in depression i have 80% white hair now i am 22 years old help me...
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
The symptoms are suggestive of psychosis. It cousld be due to psychiatric illness or due to untreated serious physical illness (delirium). Consult a physician immediately for a thorough evaluation of physical conditon. If no physical problems are found, then a psychiatrist should be consulted for proper treatment.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Anisha Parmar's  Response
this may be due to stress or if he is of very sensetive nature you can tackle him by giving full attntion to him from your your side.
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response
Hi Mrs Manjumadan50,

Sudden onset of such out of character behaviour, associated with hyperacuity (sensitivity to sound) could be because of many physical or psychological causes. Please consult a physician first and if no cause is found, then a psychiatrist.

In UK, I would advice such a patient be brought to the accident and emergency ward (casualty ward) immediately.

Good Luck