My husband has congestive heart failure. He was put on lasics, please help

My husband has congestive heart failure. He was put on lasics 20mg 2x daily and it does not work? My husband is only 41yrs old he is overweight his feet, legs and abdominal cavity are retaining fluid he takes lasics 20mg 2x aday it does nt work. is there something he could do to make it work like drink water or exercise alittle? If someone noes of what to do and not do please let us no. the doctor did nt say much. we have no insurance and i guess thats what you get treated like in ohio without ins. thanks to anyone who might have some answers.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009