My husband had uncontrollable shaking and sweating and palpitation

My husband has had really bad hot and cold flashes. He will be cold and then drenched in sweat. Uncontrollable shaking, yesterday his heart was pounding extreamly fast. Nausea . Having to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes. No fever and no vomiting. This has been going on for 4 days now. I took him to the ER yesterday and his urinalysis and blood tests were good. He s not diabetic. They diagnosed him with anxiety . Within the last year he has had extreamly itchy skin and the hot cold flashes. Not really able to sleep either. Do u have any ideas. I m pretty sure its not anxiety.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011