My husband got high blood pressure. He is not overweight, eats well and physically active

My husband just returned from a doctor visit with a prescription for? high blood pressure medication. He has had elevated blood pressure since he was 8. He is only 26, not overweight at all, eats well (because I decide what he eats), does not drink or do any drugs, and he is very physically active. He is a smoker though, but obviously not since he was 8. He did not ask the doctor why he has high blood pressure!!!! Has anyone heard of this in such a young man with no other risk factors aside from smoking?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009