My hpt is -ve but still not getting periods. Is this normal ?

Hi, I am 28years old.I have been sexually active this month..trying for a baby.I missed my periods by 3days but when I took a home pregnancy test it came back negative.Am confused what to do
Asked On : Thu, 23 Dec 2010
Hi. Welcome To HealthcareMagic

Pregnancy is unpredictable. Usually we advise intercourse 2 before and 2 days after 14th day (12, 13, 14, 15, and 16). During this period, the chances of fertilization of egg are more. This is because around 14th day of cycle, egg is released.

If your pregnancy test is negative, repeat the test after 3 days. If it is still negative, you have are not pregnant. Urine pregnancy test very reliable test for pregnancy.

Good luck.
Regards, Dr. Jagdish