My heart suddenly beat REAL HARD twice and went back to normal. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

My heart suddenly beat REAL HARD twice and went back to normal? When I was going to campus I was walking up stairs it was 6:30 AM. As I walked my heart suddenly beat hard two times about, then suddenly everything was fine. It was enough to make me stop and put my hand to my chest for a second. It felt like this for example: if you have your hand act as the heart pumping blood, but all of a sudden clenched your fist it felt like that happened to my heart. I v had these occurences before, but not as hard, just very minor. Two years ago I started getting irregular heartbeats and went to the doctor who specialized in cardiovascular problems. He put the little wires on me and the machine read my heart rate for 2-3 minutes and it was fine. He doens t know what it could be, but now this happened and I m planning to go back to the doctor sometime this week. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be? Once again just a hard heart beat and back to normal. Thanks for the help!
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009