My heart rate goes way over 200 after I workout, Is this bad ?

My resting heart rate is 60. I workout a lot and it goes way over 200. Is this bad ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
This depends on several factors. Your age, weight, and gender for starters. If you are in your twenties and in good physical condition then no this is not a bad thing, as long as it is not for a prolonged period (i.e. to the point when your are feeling faint). While in my peak lacrosse shape I would regularly get a bpm of 220 when I ran. Your heart is a muscle and the harder it works while you're working out the healthier it will be. Be careful not to overwork it though, because if it stays over 200 for too long you may run into problems.