My heart randomly beats very fast & sometimes skips few beats

So recently my heart has these moments where It all of a suddens starts beating very hard and fast for a few seconds. It gets somewhat hard to breathe in this time. It went from happening a few times a week to nearly daily now. It happened to me 4 times yesterday. I am 17 years old. Anyone know what this might be and if its really serious? thanks in advance Whenever it gets to pumping really fast I feel like it sometimes skips a few beats when it starts.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
is the heart beat regular or does it miss a few beats? if it misses a few beats, it's arrhythmia, otherwise it could be just temporal tachycardia-a faster heart rate than normal needed to restore your body status to normal. If you are worried, you can go see a doctor and they could do you an EKG to check your status