My heart keeps skipping beats in every two minutes

Today right after I ate lunch, I was sitting in class and my heart skipped a beat. I thought nothing of it because that happens once in a while. But it happened again. And again. And again! It kept skipping beats at LEAST every two minutes. So I started tallying and I counted 12 skipped beats in less than. probably 10 minutes. It was probably more than that because I started counting after it happened numerous times. I didn t have any caffeine or candy, or energy drinks. I ate breakfast and a salad for lunch with water. That s pretty healthy, so why did my heart keep skipping beats ? It was getting dreadfully annoying. No, there weren t any tests today. Just the same old boring school. It just kept skipping over and over. And after it stopped my heart was beating really fast.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Do you smoke or take any other drugs, prescribed or recreational? At any time not just today? Were you about to take a test in class? Could be stress related. Are you sure it was your heart and not any other muscles around your chest?