My heart is taking a deep breath and does not work for a couple seconds. What could be the reason?

I have an appointment with my dr,but how do I describe what I'm feeling? I made an appt with my dr for these weird heart beats,but how do I get her to really understand how it feels(if you don t describe it well enough she ll just blow it off). It feels like my heart is taking a deep breath and doesn t work for a couple seconds(like it stops kind of) and I can t breathe when it happens, and I get dizzy and lightheaded. I m also tired all the time. Would I describe what I m feeling like how I just did? I don t want to walk away feeling like I could have done a better job explaining this to her. Any advice,especially if you ve had to describe something(anything) like this(that s hard to describe) would be sooo appreciated. And thanks in advance. I drink juice and as far as caffeine I have none. I don t take any over the counter meds or prescribed med. And it actually feels like my heart just takes a breath and doesn t beat. Like when you swim and you re holding your breath for a long time and your heart beat starts to slow? Mine just feels like it stops for a few seconds. It s actually happening a lot more lately and right now it s doing it(not as strong but I can feel it) every minute.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009