My heart beats when I swallow while I am high normal ?

I was wondering if it was normal that everytime I swallow it feels like my heart beats while im high it feels kinda weird and have always wondered and also that when im high everything is slow(i know its normal when ur high) but if i swallow and blink at same time everything goes back to same speed actually it seems a lil fast but then when i swallow again it slows downis that normal 2
Asked On : Thu, 25 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Sudden changes in the heart rate can occur during emotional status.. It is can be slowed by a vagal reflex which happen during a valsalva maneuvre.. Examples of valsalva maneuvre are swallowing, blowing into your mouth, while straining while passing stools and so on.. That probably explains your symptoms.. These changes are normal phenomena..